Full individual membership of BAAL is priced at £50 per annum. We also offer reduced price individual membership at £20 per annum for full-time students and retired/unwaged individuals. Individual membership of BAAL offers full access to:
- Special interest Groups: Corpus Linguistics; Language, Gender & Sexuality; Intercultural Communication; Language in Africa; Language Learning and Teaching; Multimodality; Linguistic Ethnography; Vocabulary Studies; Testing, Evaluation & Assessment; Health & Science Communication; Language & New Media; Language Policy; Linguistics & Knowledge about Language in Education; Professional, Academic & Work-based Literacies.
- Scholarships and Funding for research activities and for attending conferences.
- A range of forums, giving applied linguists excellent opportunities for networking.
- Our annual conference, which is an international event and attracts experts from all areas of linguistics.
- Three seminars every year, in association with Cambridge University Press.
- Special publisher discounts on a range of books and journals.
- BAALmail, our membership mailing list.
- Our bi-annual BAAL newsletter
The annual subscription for institutional membership of BAAL is £120. Up to 4 named individuals can receive full membership benefits under this type of membership. The individual membership subscription is usually priced at £50 per annum, so Institutional Membership represents a 40% discount for each named institutional member. The benefits of individual membership are listed above and all apply to individuals named under an institutional membership.
BAAL offers associate membership to publishers and other organisations who support the applied linguistics community and wish to support BAAL in particular. The annual subscription for associate membership of BAAL is £125. Up to 4 named individuals can receive full membership benefits under this type of membership. Individual membership subscription is usually priced at £50 per annum, so associate membership represents a 37.5% discount for each named associate member. The benefits of Individual membership are listed above and all apply to individuals named under an associate membership.
Associate Members are encouraged to exhibit at our annual conference, and are offered a discount of £40 on exhibition fees. In addition, Associate Members are permitted to make up to 4 publicity postings to BAALmail – our membership mailing list – per year. We also provide links to our Associate Members’ webpages from the Associates page of this website.