Up-to-date information about the PAWBL SIG will appear on the SIG’s website (currently under construction; in the meantime, please contact the convenor, Prof. Theresa Lillis).
The goals of the PAWBL SIG are:
- To provide a forum for those researchers who are working on academic, professional or work based literacies or (as is increasingly the case) at the interface of two or more these dimensions.
- To develop and extend the network of scholars working within this area – both within the UK and transnationally -who are seeking to develop robust research methodologies using a range of concepts and methods from applied linguistics, sociolinguistics, literacy studies, anthropological linguistics, linguistic ethnography
- To develop work in literacy studies providing opportunities to present new research as well as critically revisiting ‘classic’ studies and approaches
- To support new researchers who are developing applied linguistic research in the field of academic, professional and work based literacies
- To involve potential stakeholders and practitioners in debates arising from findings through involvement on the SIG’s events
- To develop and make available case studies and heuristics which stimulate the use of research findings by policy makers and practitioners.